axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] OM QNames
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2004 17:25:07 GMT
Aleksander Slominski wrote:
> Glen Daniels wrote:
>
>> Hi Sanjiva, all:
>>
>> Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

>>> I think we should have two functions for this purpose:
>>>     OmAttribute getAttribute (QName qname)
>>>     OmAttribute getAttribute (String namespace, String name)
>>

> or
>   OmAttribute getAttribute (OmNamespace namespace, String name)
>
> and do not worry that users put arguments in wrong order and be
> surprised their attributes are not found ...

-1

I think forcing people to use this "OMNamespace" thing is bad bad bad.
Why do I care about a prefix/uri mapping if what I'm looking for is a
particular attribute namespace/localName pair?  I really think they can
handle methods with two Strings (no one has complained about that in
Axis 1.X that I know of).

--Glen