axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Sauthier <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: ws-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/transport/http
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 14:37:25 GMT
for #2
Yes this is a big change, but we only add another place in the
ServletContext where AxisEngine can be found
-> if users are using multiple engine, they must lookup the
servletcontext for "<servlet-name>AxisEngine" to find their engine
-> existing users that use only 1 engine will always find their engine
under "AxisEngine" AND under "<servlet-name>AxisEngine"

BTW, I tried the in JOnAS and there is a problem. I research the cause
and provide you a corrective patch ...

Davanum Srinivas wrote:

>+1 to #1 and #2.
>BTW, this tiny bookmarklet let's you highlight a keyword and browse to
>JIRA directly.
>-- dims
>On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 08:00:08 -0500, Glen Daniels <> wrote:
>>Hey dims:
>>1) Just out of convenience, would you mind terribly putting the JIRA URL
>>into your commits?  That way it's easy to just click on the commit email to
>>get to the bug.  Not a big deal.
>>2) This change is a fairly serious alteration - the one AxisEngine per
>>webapp decision was a conscious one, and I'm just wanting to make sure the
>>ramifications have been thought through.  If people were depending on this
>>behavior to share state/config, they may break as a result of this change,
>>right?  We should at least light this up in BIG RED LETTERS.

View raw message