axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: [Axis2][OM] Simpler way to get NameSpace
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 04:04:32 GMT
Srinath Perera wrote:

>Hi All;
>
>l am following up the  "[Axis2] OM issues" 's improving the
>OMNamespace part now we use.
>
>OMNameSpace omNs = element.getNameSpace() ;
>String nsURI = omNs.getValue();
>
>I like to propose an improvement
>
>a) handle OMNameSapce completly inside  the OMImpl (where the
>OMnamespace is not part of OMAPI as well)
>   OMElemnt{
>        void registerANameSpace(String uri,String prefix);
>        void registerANameSpace(String uri); //to let the parser
>decide the prefix
>        String getNameSpaceURI();
>    }
>
>b) some compromise, keep the OMNamespace and creating OMNamesapce as
>it is. but add a getNamesapceURI() to the OMElement as the
>
>OMNameSpace omNs = element.getNameSpace() ;
>String nsURI = omNs.getValue();

IMHO OmNamespace should be immutable object with just two properties:
namespace name (String) that is always not null and prefix (String) that
can be null - that would keep it consistent with xml infoset items and
properties: http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-infoset/#infoitem.namespace

>is really annoying and sometime I find the return value of the
>getNameSpace() is null which is impossible for valid SOAPMessage!

so it should never return it and if it does you have simple NPE to find
where it happened...

alek