axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject [Axis2] on relation between WSLD (WOM) and XmlInfoset (OM) [ Re: [Axis2] WSDL Service Desc
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 16:57:53 GMT
Chathura Herath wrote:

> Hi all ,
>
> I have posted a proposal in the wiki for a possible Architecture for a
> WSDL Service Desc for Axis 2 based on the WSDL 2.0 Component Model.
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage_2fArchitecture_2fWSDL
>

>  I have also proposed a package structure for WSDL Object Model (WOM)
> which could be
>
> org.apache.wsdl.wom

what is relation of OM and WOM?

did you consider to have WOM classes contain reference to original XML
Infoset with WSDL?

i found in my won experience that making WOM-like model to build
directly on top XML Infoset make it very intuitive: i can modify WSDL
using XML constructs (including even XPath) and as well using WSDL API
directly, example:

class WsdlDefinitions implements OmElement {
   public WsdlDefinitions(OmElement defs) {
       if(!defs.getNamesapce().equals(WSDL_11_NS) &&
!defs.getNamesapce().equals(WSDL_11_NS)) throw ...
       this.containedXml = defs;
   }
}

for example of this approach see code in XSUL:

http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/viewcvs/~checkout~/xsul/java/modules/xwsdl/

in particular

http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/viewcvs/~checkout~/xsul/java/modules/xwsdl/xsul/wsdl/WsdlDefinitions.java

HTH