axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Jaliya Ekanayake" <jal...@opensource.lk>
Subject RE: Asynchronous web services call possible with Axis?
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 02:54:43 GMT
Hi Luca Manganelli,

There are two possible solutions (that I can think of),

1. 	If you don't want your client application to hang, you can use the
	org.apache.axis.client.async.AsyncCall instead of
org.apache.axis.client.Call class to invoke the service, with a call 	back
method.

2.	The service can be implemented with some form of a thread mechanism,
so 	that it will return immediately after handing over the 	processing
to a 	particular thread.

One other possibility is to write a custom transport which uses HTTP, which
will return immediately. However you will not be able to get any info (not
even a Fault) from the service.

At the moment these are the options available, however we are on the process
of developing Axis 2 which will provide solutions for all these :)

Thanks

Jaliya N. Ekanayake
Lanka Software Foundation
(www.opensource.lk)