axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Eran Chinthaka" <chinth...@opensource.lk>
Subject [Axis2] OM QNames
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2004 08:16:57 GMT
Hi,

I have a small question regarding QNames. (I think we agree to use
javax.xml.QName)

xmlns:wsa="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/03/addressing">
    <soapenv:Header>
        <wsa:MessageID
soapenv:mustUnderstand="0">uuid:920C5190-0B8F-11D9-8CED-F22EDEEBF7E5</wsa:Me
ssageID>
    </soapenv:Header>
    <soapenv:Body>
    </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

We must have a method to retrieve an attribute, given a QName.
So if one says getAttributeWithQName(new QName("mustUnderstand",null)), are
we going to return the mustUnderstand or not ?

That means can we just retrieve an attribute only with the localName, even
though it has a QName ? The same question is with me for children retrieval
of an element.

Current impl, I'm changing that to use the equal method of the QName.
That means getAttributeWithQName(new QName("mustUnderstand",null)) will
return null and
getAttributeWithQName(new
QName("mustUnderstand","http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/")) will
return the correct attribute.