axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Chathura Herath" <chath...@opensource.lk>
Subject RE: [Axis2] WSDLServiceEmitter
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2004 07:34:57 GMT
Hi,

:-)

> "Chathura Herath" <chathura@opensource.lk> writes:
> >
> > Let me give in a comment.
> >
> > The component model that is based on WSDL 2.0 is in o.a.wsdl.* and it's
> > piece of code that is self contained and is not dependent on anything.
>
> OK.
>
> > What Farhaan is working on is the WSDL Emitters Basically this will
> generate
> > WSDL files by looking at WOM. There you have different Emitters eg
> >
> > WSDL1Emitter-  This is what Farhaan is working on.
> > WSDL2Emitter
> > So far.
>
> OK.
>
> > There is nothing wrong in creating a new document structure because the
> > performance and memory is not an issue in this case, because this will
> be
> > done offline, not at runtime. So here OM comes into play simply as a
> memory
> > representation of xml document which will eventually be a WSDL file. So
> > don't think we should confuse it with pull parsing or iffered building.
>
> True .. its simple an implementation choice and not an interface
> issue.
>
> > The retional behind proposing to create the document structure is I am
> not
> > sure weather we can do a clean serialization of the WOM straight away
> > because its neither WSDL 1.1 nor WSDL 2.0.
>
> Well you should be able to go from WOM to WSDL 2.0 without any
> problem (or the WSDL WG has screwed up!). However, I do understand
> that its convenient to have a tree model to generate it rather
> than having to do a one-pass stream out to a StAX push writer.
>
> > I am confused why you have asked for the explanations below and how it
> > relates to this specific problem of OM . What I think is the things you
> have
> > asked for explanations(1 to 4) are certain thing that will go into some
> > module called WSDL24J eventually. This part is the one that will parse
> the
> > WSDL and all the stuff and yes there the memory and performance will be
> > critical. Currently I am woking on one of the WOMBuilders using the
> > WSDL4J(WSDL 1.1 -> WOM).
>
> OK fair enough.
>
> Now, are you actually using WSDL4J to do WSDL 1.1 -> WOM? If so
> how do we explain needing a DOMParser .. :-( for Axis2 core to
> run??

Well It like this. The WSDL1.1 -> WOM does not involve DOM parsing directly.
It's simple information pumping from wsdl4j to WOM. WSDL4J uses dom inside
though. I'm not sure they have a sax interface(have to look ). But do we
need it because this would be a, *deployment one time thing* and we will not
depend on both Dom and WSDL4J structure at the runtime.

Cheers.

Chathura