axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Chathura Herath" <chath...@opensource.lk>
Subject RE: [Axis2] WSDLServiceEmitter
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2004 06:57:02 GMT

Let me give in a comment.

The component model that is based on WSDL 2.0 is in o.a.wsdl.* and it's a
piece of code that is self contained and is not dependent on anything.

What Farhaan is working on is the WSDL Emitters Basically this will generate
WSDL files by looking at WOM. There you have different Emitters eg

WSDL1Emitter-  This is what Farhaan is working on.
WSDL2Emitter
So far.

There is nothing wrong in creating a new document structure because the
performance and memory is not an issue in this case, because this will be
done offline, not at runtime. So here OM comes into play simply as a memory
representation of xml document which will eventually be a WSDL file. So
don't think we should confuse it with pull parsing or differed building.

The retional behind proposing to create the document structure is I am not
sure weather we can do a clean serialization of the WOM straight away
because its neither WSDL 1.1 nor WSDL 2.0.

I am confused why you have asked for the explanations below and how it
relates to this specific problem of OM . What I think is the things you have
asked for explanations(1 to 4) are certain thing that will go into some
module called WSDL24J eventually. This part is the one that will parse the
WSDL and all the stuff and yes there the memory and performance will be
critical. Currently I am woking on one of the WOMBuilders using the
WSDL4J(WSDL 1.1 -> WOM).

For number 5: I have expressed my opinion above.

Chathura