axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Eran Chinthaka" <chinth...@opensource.lk>
Subject [Axis2] SOAP 1.1 and SOAP 1.2
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 06:15:49 GMT
Hi,

Glen has pointed out some changes for the names of some of the methods in OM
API.

Some of them were the changes introduced in SOAP 1.2. For example, Actor -->
Role. And some changes in SOAP fault names.

There are some differences like this between two specs. My question is which
one we gonna use for our APIs. Currently we have SOAP 1.1 specific things.

Option 1:

            We can have getRole to function differently depending on the
SOAP version. i.e. it will look for "role" attr, if SOAP version is 1.2, or
for "actor" if version is 1.1.

Option 2 :

            Have two methods getRole and getActor. Only one will function
for a particular SOAP message.

Option 3 :

            Support only one spec. if yes, which spec.

            Even though SOAP 1.2 is the future, most of the people will
still use SOAP 1.1 messages.

Option 4 :

            ????

I think its better to have a short term decision for M1 and a long term
decision for Axis 2.

Thoughts, Comments ??

Eran Chinthaka

Lanka Software Foundation