axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Eran Chinthaka" <chinth...@opensource.lk>
Subject [Axis2] OM API
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 09:28:51 GMT

Hi,

I re-factored the names of the classes to SOAP specific ones in the
prototype2 area.

OMEnvelope --> SOAPEnvelope

OMHeader --> SOAPHeader

OMBody --> SOAPBody

OMHeaderBlock --> SOAPHeaderBlock

We would like to propose following architecture for OM.

OM in the base, has full infoset support. The intention of this is that,
even though SOAP do not require full infoset support, one might send a
complete XML doc as an attachment. If we can help the application to access
using OM, that would be nice. I think this is what Alek, has once expressed.

And we can improve OM, so that it will be a better xml model, on its own. So
how about moving it to a package like org.apache.axiom and not
org.apache.axis.om

But for M1 now, we don't need to support full infoset, we just put whatever
absolutely required for now in to OM. That means, PI Support, DTD Support
will come later.

And on top of that we have a SOAP specific API. Like SOAPEnvelope,
SOAPHeader, etc., These will be extensions of OMElement, but will provide
more convenience to the user.

Comments and thoughts ... ?? :-)

  _____

Eran Chinthaka