axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Chathura Herath" <chath...@opensource.lk>
Subject RE: [Axis2] on relation between WSLD (WOM) and XmlInfoset (OM) [ Re: [Axis2] WSDL Service Desc
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 04:30:27 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Sanjiva Weerawarana [mailto:sanjiva@opensource.lk]
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2004 12:38 AM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Axis2] on relation between WSLD (WOM) and XmlInfoset (OM) [
Re: [Axis2] WSDL Service Desc

"Aleksander Slominski" <aslom@cs.indiana.edu> writes:

> did you consider to have WOM classes contain reference to original XML
> Infoset with WSDL?
>
> i found in my won experience that making WOM-like model to build
> directly on top XML Infoset make it very intuitive: i can modify WSDL
> using XML constructs (including even XPath) and as well using WSDL API
> directly, example:
>
> class WsdlDefinitions implements OmElement {
>    public WsdlDefinitions(OmElement defs) {
>        if(!defs.getNamesapce().equals(WSDL_11_NS) &&
> !defs.getNamesapce().equals(WSDL_11_NS)) throw ...
>        this.containedXml = defs;
>    }
> }

The problem is that the WSDL component model is not based on
the XML Infoset. Its a pure, clean and simple component
model. I would prefer for org.apache.wsdl.* to be an honest,
straight rendering of that in Java. The actual impl can be
whatever but I'm most concerned about the interfaces.

There is a brewing proposal to re-do the WSDL 2.0 component
model as an extension of the Infoset. I'm strongly -1 on
that proposal so will be working hard to kill it :-). Of
course that doesn't mean it'll get killed but at least you
know where I'm coming from.

Sanjiva.

Hi,

I am too with the impression that the WOM should play the part of the
Component Model for WSDL. The Build mechanism is intentionally kept external
to the WOM, so that WOM is independent of the actual representation of the
component model and at this time we will consider only the XML Infoset
representation, but leaving room for other representations as well. There
Wont be any harm in doing this, rather we would increase the usability of
the WOM beyond XML Infoset represented WSDL. Pushing the OM into the WOM
itself would make it heavily dependent on XML.

Regards
Chathura