axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how I can configure commons logger in log4j.properties.
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 10:16:17 GMT

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 18:33:10 -0500, Pasula, Venugopal (Consultant)
<venugopal.pasula@gtech.com> wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>    it is a AxisFault exception. I checked the logs, interenting thing
is the
> parameters which I am passing are becoming null when it reaches for
axis
> engine. so the deserialization is thowing an exception when it tries
> parse null values. I am sending the same request from the load runner
with
> the rate os 50 transactions per second. initaially it is prossesing
the
> request successfully but after some time it suddenly start throwing
this
> error.I am struggling with this problem for the past one week. still I
could
> not able to find why that same requset's parameters are becomming null
after
> some time. Here I am attaching the logs. I appreciate your help.

I have enough problems debugging my own apps, let alone remote systems.
There are so many possible causes -load balancing, app server, race
conditions, I dont know where to begin. Either bad XML came in, or
something got lost. The latter would be very unusual, but not
impossible.

you have a stack trace, set breakpoints when they get triggered, go up
the tree and see what the incoming XML looked like.

> AxisFault
>  faultCode:
>  faultSubcode:
>  faultString: org.xml.sax.SAXException: No deserializer defined for
array
> type {http://service.escb2b.gtech.com}NameValuePair
>  faultActor:
>  faultNode:
>   faultDetail:
>         {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:
org.xml.sax.SAXException:
> No deserializer defined for array type
> {http://service.escb2b.gtech.com}NameValuePair
>         at

org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.ArrayDeserializer.onStartElement(ArrayDeseriali
> zer.java(Compiled Code))
>         at

org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializerImpl.startElement(DeserializerImpl.java
> (Compiled Code))
>         at

org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.startElement(Deserializa
> tionContextImpl.java(Compiled Code))
>         at

org.apache.axis.message.SAX2EventRecorder.replay(SAX2EventRecorder.java(Comp
> iled Code))
>         at

org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement.publishToHandler(MessageElement.java(
> Inlined Compiled Code))
>         at

org.apache.axis.message.RPCElement.deserialize(RPCElement.java(Compiled
> Code))
>         at
> org.apache.axis.message.RPCElement.getParams(RPCElement.java(Inlined
> Compiled Code))
>         at

org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider.java(C
> ompiled Code))
>         at

org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java(Compile
> d Code))
>         at

org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java(
> Compiled Code))
>         at
org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java(Compiled
> Code))
>         at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java(Inlined
> Compiled Code))
>         at

org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService.java(Compiled
> Code))
>         at
org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java(Compiled
> Code))
>         at

org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java(Compiled
> Code))
>         at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java(Compiled
> Code))
>         at

org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java(
> Compiled Code))
>         at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java(Compiled
> Code))
>         at

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictServletInstance.doService(StrictServle
> tInstance.java(Compiled Code))
>         at

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleServlet._service(StrictLifecy
> cleServlet.java(Compiled Code))
>         at

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServicingServletState.service(StrictLifecycl
> eServlet.java(Compiled Code))
>         at

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleServlet.service(StrictLifecyc
> leServlet.java(Inlined Compiled Code))
>         at

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletInstance.service(ServletInstance.java
> (Compiled Code))
>         at

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ValidServletReferenceState.dispatch(ValidSer
> vletReferenceState.java(Compiled Code))
>         at

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletInstanceReference.dispatch(ServletIns
> tanceReference.java(Inlined Compiled Code))
>         at

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.handleWebAppDispatch(
> WebAppRequestDispatcher.java(Compiled Code))
>         at

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.dispatch(WebAppReques
> tDispatcher.java(Compiled Code))
>         at

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebAppRequest
> Dispatcher.java(Compiled Code))
>         at

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.WebAppInvoker.doForward(WebAppInvoker.java(Compi
> led Code))
>         at

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.WebAppInvoker.handleInvocationHook(WebAppInvoker
> .java(Compiled Code))
>         at

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.cache.invocation.CachedInvocation.handleInvocation(C
> achedInvocation.java(Compiled Code))
>         at

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.cache.invocation.CacheableInvocationContext.invoke(C
> acheableInvocationContext.java(Compiled Code))
>         at

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srp.ServletRequestProcessor.dispatchByURI(ServletReq
> uestProcessor.java(Compiled Code))
>
>         at

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.oselistener.OSEListenerDispatcher.service(OSEListene
> r.java(Compiled Code))
>         at

com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.http.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.jav
> a(Compiled Code))
>         at

com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.readAndHandleRequest(HttpConnection.java(Comp
> iled Code))
>         at
com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.java(Compiled
> Code))
>         at
com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java(Compiled