axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how I can configure commons logger in log4j.properties.
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 22:06:23 GMT

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 16:39:27 -0500, Pasula, Venugopal (Consultant)
<venugopal.pasula@gtech.com> wrote:
> Hi Marwan,
>   Thanx for responding my mail. I tried that too but it didn't work.
so what
> I did is I took all the axis source code and changed the references
from
> commons Log to log4j.Logger class. then it worked out. still I am not
> understanding why it is not working for commons,logging.Log??

That was unneeded. Commons logging hands off to log4j if it is on the
classpath; java1.4 logging if not. So you dont need to alter the axis
code to change logging levels; that is the whole point.

>     Actually I am doing this debug to figure out one problem. After
> processing some traction succesfully, axis is throwing a '500 Internal
> server error'. that time request is reaching the request handler but
not the
> webservice. is there any limitation in axis to process request for
certain
> amount of transactions??

none known

>or is there any bug in axis??

There are definitely bugs in axis, but it isnt clear that this is it.

> I am getting this
> error very freequently(for every 2-3 hours). please let me know if you
have
> any solution for this problem.

Could be the app server. is it reaching Axis itself? if axis throws a
fault, we go to places in the AxisServlet that you could set breakpoints
on.

Is the fault a soapfault (i.e. contains structured SOAPFault data), or
is it some random HTTP text? The body of the 500 error is probably your
best cue to debugging it.