axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2] WSDLServiceEmitter
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2004 07:10:46 GMT
Damn, I feel bad for Glen and Dims .. they have a lot of email
waiting for them when they wake up :-).

"Chathura Herath" <chathura@opensource.lk> writes:

> Let me give in a comment.
>
> The component model that is based on WSDL 2.0 is in o.a.wsdl.* and it's a
> piece of code that is self contained and is not dependent on anything.

OK.

> What Farhaan is working on is the WSDL Emitters Basically this will
generate
> WSDL files by looking at WOM. There you have different Emitters eg
>
> WSDL1Emitter-  This is what Farhaan is working on.
> WSDL2Emitter
> So far.

OK.

> There is nothing wrong in creating a new document structure because the
> performance and memory is not an issue in this case, because this will be
> done offline, not at runtime. So here OM comes into play simply as a
memory
> representation of xml document which will eventually be a WSDL file. So
> don't think we should confuse it with pull parsing or iffered building.

True .. its simple an implementation choice and not an interface
issue.

> The retional behind proposing to create the document structure is I am not
> sure weather we can do a clean serialization of the WOM straight away
> because its neither WSDL 1.1 nor WSDL 2.0.

Well you should be able to go from WOM to WSDL 2.0 without any
problem (or the WSDL WG has screwed up!). However, I do understand
that its convenient to have a tree model to generate it rather
than having to do a one-pass stream out to a StAX push writer.

> I am confused why you have asked for the explanations below and how it
> relates to this specific problem of OM . What I think is the things you
have
> asked for explanations(1 to 4) are certain thing that will go into some
> module called WSDL24J eventually. This part is the one that will parse the
> WSDL and all the stuff and yes there the memory and performance will be
> critical. Currently I am woking on one of the WOMBuilders using the
> WSDL4J(WSDL 1.1 -> WOM).

OK fair enough.

Now, are you actually using WSDL4J to do WSDL 1.1 -> WOM? If so
how do we explain needing a DOMParser .. :-( for Axis2 core to
run??

Sanjiva.