axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Re: Full infoset support
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2004 01:42:59 GMT
"Aleksander Slominski" <aslom@cs.indiana.edu> writes:
> this is another reason why people that wants true doc/lit exchange will
> want MTOM or look for alternative and simple XML/HTTP

Yes.

> the only safe way to transport XML document inside another XML document
> is escaping  it as string or even better BASE64 (in SOAP 1.1 there were
> discussions about "id" attribute ...)

Yes.

But none of this argues for making the OM have stuff that is not
needed for SOAP. Well ok, if you have an MTOM thing which is a full
XML document I guess it would be nice to be able to use the OM
API for that XML document too. We should consider that carefully
when designing the MTOM support for OM.

Sanjiva.