axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Deepal Jayasinghe" <dee...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2][Engine]Step by Step;Engine, Engine registry deployment and the Phase Resolver
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 12:03:59 GMT
Hi chathura ;

I agree with you that phase revolver should be out side the engineRegistry and one thing we
should be known is that if any service got changed then that is called "hot update" and that
handle as undeployment followed by  deployment of same service. so do we really need to keep
phase rule information ?

Deepal

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Chathura Herath
  To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
  Sent: Friday, December 03, 2004 5:39 PM
  Subject: RE: [Axis2][Engine]Step by Step;Engine, Engine registry deployment and the Phase
Resolver

  Hi Deepal, Srinath,

  I agree with Srinath, that we need to keep the phase rules somewhere.

  My view is these phase rules should be kept with the relevant component rather than in the
registry. What I mean to say is that the service phase rules should be in the service(preferably
AXISWSDLService) and the module phase rules should be in the module. Once the Deployment has
parsed the complete wsdd and build the service, module , etc  that are almost ready to be
deployed, then the phase resolver can run  on it and set the inflow, outflow and the faultflow
s. This will enable us to decouple the phase resolver from the deployment. Further more if
a new module or handler gets deployed  for a certain service then the deployment will get
that service from the registry add the handler along with the phase rules and run the phase
resolver again and you are done.

  Btw if we are to support deployment configuration to be sterilized in the future, we cannot
afford to forget the phase rules.

  Regards

  Chathura