axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Deepal Jayasinghe" <dee...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2][Engine]Step by Step;Engine, Engine registry deployment and the Phase Resolver
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 09:57:22 GMT

hi srinath;

1) Keeping the state at the deployment is *BAD* as then the resolver
bind with deployment. And Axis assues all deployment done via one
deployment module.

<<
can axis do deployment via do deployment modules ?

2) keeping a states will create a parellel object Hirachy deployed service

<<
  It is no need to keep them in the deployment module , what it dose is
using the available date
  resolve the phase and give an executable service object to engine registry
, after that it dose not
 keep any state or what ever , only thing it keep in the memory is service
name.

3) We know that the Handlers for the execution Chain comes in at
different time. (e.g. Module comes in at deployment time .. Service
might come at any time) how can we order the handlers if
EngineRegistry forgets handler rules.  So we need to remember the rules
in soe form at registry!

<<
The all the handlers belong to a service described in the service.xml , and
if it want to have modules
then it includes reference to modules , then at the deployment time loaded
the module from EngineRegistry if it has deployed otherwise will throw an
exception. So execution chain will come only at the deployment time.
since we do not provide hot deployment or hot undeployment for modules , I
don't think execution
chain will be change at run time.
so there is no need of keeping phase rule date inside the Engine Registry.

4) It is OK that the resolving done at the *deployment time* my point is
resolver *MUST NOT* use the private states stored inside the
Deployment which bind the resolver to deployment.
resolving can be done by engine(resolve at the first time ..and store)
or deployment.

e.g. What happen if somebody come via JMX and trun on/off handler,
module, service ...

<<
I don't think that even if we keep the Phase resolving with engine registry
we can handle that,
say there are two or three services that has reference to the handler you
are going to turn off, how
can we handle that if we keep PR (phase resolve) inside or with engine
registry ?

its a good use case but the understanding I have is not enough to answer
that

Deepal