axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2][OM] Simpler way to get NameSpace
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2004 02:46:23 GMT
"Srinath Perera" <hemapani@gmail.com> writes:

> +1, this is what I have in my mind :) No OMNamespace for common case!
>  shall we change  String getNamespaceName () -> String getNamespaceURI ()

No .. "namespace name" is the right name for that! I agree common
usage is namespace URI but that's not the right term.

> > Why do we have OmElement.resolveNamespace (uri, prefix) right now?
> > What purpose does that serve?
> I think this is to obtain the OMNamespace object that declared with
> (uri, prefix) pair.

Well yes :-) but what good is it? In what scenarios do you look up
a namespace declaration when you already know the namespace name
and prefix?

> +1 to remove the extension , we can not call 90% of the OMNaode
> methods on OMNamespace [now OMNamespaceImpl extends OMNodeImpl and I
> am not sure what should the setNextSibing() .... ect  suppose to do in
> OMNameSpace??? at worst those method should throw unsupported
> operation exception]

I'd prefer to remove the extension.

Sanjiva.