axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Deepal Jayasinghe" <dee...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2][Engine]Step by Step;Engine, Engine registry deployment and the Phase Resolver
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 04:49:09 GMT
Hi Srinath;

I have added some comments , according what I have understand

Deepal

----- Original Message -----
From: "Srinath Perera" <hemapani@gmail.com>
To: <axis-dev@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 6:17 PM
Subject: [Axis2][Engine]Step by Step;Engine, Engine registry deployment and
the Phase Resolver

> Hi All;
>
> I am trying to start a thread to explore the Engine. First step
>
> 1) Engine work with the Deployment just like it happens in Axis 1.1.
> Engine knows nothing about the deployment and what it need a
> EngineRegistry. The all the deployment do is to generate a Engine
> Registry and keep it up to date via hot deployment.
>
> 2) Phase resolver MUST work on the engine registry and deployment
> should not keep private states regarding the deployment apart from the
> Engine Registry.

<Deepal>
In this case I have no idea how we are going to resolve phases. in order to
resolve phase rules that we

 should have mechanism of storing phase rules if we try to do it inside
engine registry.

If we do it at the deployment time by the Deployment module then that has
all the

data to resolve the phases, since the required information with the
service.xml.

And my idea is engineregistry dose not want to know about the phase rules,
it should only know about phases.

<Deepal>

> 3) Flow of execution would be like this
>    1) When Axis starts up it will ask the deployment module to create
> a EngineRegistry,   Deployment create it and keep it uptodate.

+1

>   2) Registry is created and populated by the deployment

+1

>   3) then the handler resolver comes and work on the Registry to
> resolve the  handlers and   create a Execution Chain (for M1 Handler
> resolver will be called by deployment)

What is the problem of resolving phases rule by the Deployment module at the
deployment time ?

bocz I can't clearly understand why it should be done by EngineRegistry.