axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2] on relation between WSLD (WOM) and XmlInfoset (OM) [ Re: [Axis2] WSDL Service Desc
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2004 18:37:47 GMT
"Aleksander Slominski" <aslom@cs.indiana.edu> writes:

> did you consider to have WOM classes contain reference to original XML
> Infoset with WSDL?
>
> i found in my won experience that making WOM-like model to build
> directly on top XML Infoset make it very intuitive: i can modify WSDL
> using XML constructs (including even XPath) and as well using WSDL API
> directly, example:
>
> class WsdlDefinitions implements OmElement {
>    public WsdlDefinitions(OmElement defs) {
>        if(!defs.getNamesapce().equals(WSDL_11_NS) &&
> !defs.getNamesapce().equals(WSDL_11_NS)) throw ...
>        this.containedXml = defs;
>    }
> }

The problem is that the WSDL component model is not based on
the XML Infoset. Its a pure, clean and simple component
model. I would prefer for org.apache.wsdl.* to be an honest,
straight rendering of that in Java. The actual impl can be
whatever but I'm most concerned about the interfaces.

There is a brewing proposal to re-do the WSDL 2.0 component
model as an extension of the Infoset. I'm strongly -1 on
that proposal so will be working hard to kill it :-). Of
course that doesn't mean it'll get killed but at least you
know where I'm coming from.

Chathura- you should join the WSDL WG mailing list and at least
lurk on that. Please consider pointing people to this code
when you feel its ready for a first read .. primarily the
org.apache.wsdl.* stuff.

Sanjiva.