axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2][OM] Simpler way to get NameSpace
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 15:58:57 GMT
"Aleksander Slominski" <aslom@cs.indiana.edu> writes:
> XML Infoset Namespace Information Item has prefix and uri inside.

A namsespace node, which *declares* a namespace has two parts in.
I thought we were talking about the namespace name property of an
element .. which is just a URI.

So the OmElement needs to have three APIs:
    - declareNamespace (OmNamespace) (I believe createNamespace should
      be renamed to this because what its doing is declaring an NS, not
      creating one.)
    - String getNamespaceName ()
    - String getNamespacePrefix ()

In addition, it would be useful to ask an element to resolve a
prefix (for qualified values in content, for example)
    - String resolveNamespacePrefix (String prefix)

Why do we have OmElement.resolveNamespace (uri, prefix) right now?
What purpose does that serve?

BTW, why does OmNamespace extend OmNode?

Sanjiva.