axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Ajith Ranabahu <ajith.ranab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] OM - SAAJ like API support for OM
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 06:34:12 GMT
Hi
I am more concerned about the clarity of the API than the object
creation. Our API must be clear and concise and that is what makes it
usable. If we don't layer this properly depending on the granularity
then our API will appear confusing and ultimately be uncomfortable to
use! (we dont want that to happen. do we? :))
So when you "extend" that is basically "layering". As far as layering
is concerned "wrapping" is another approach to layering. So what I see
is that even if we wrap or extend we are effectively layering.

where the objects are created is a secondary concern. You can build
them later depending on a built object model or create them on the fly
(right out of the parser) for perfomance reasons.

Ajith