axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From thilina Gunarathne <cset...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] MTOM sketch
Date Sat, 20 Nov 2004 20:28:10 GMT
HI,

> >If not in a case where we fail to create MTOM (ex : if the
> >infoset contains a item with namespace "www.w3...../xop/include") we
> >cannot revert back to base 64. Any suggestions.

My mistake. not to  MTOM with base 64. but to pure SOAP with base 64.

> why you can not revert back? you can always stream binary into byte[]
> and convert to BASE64 - the only reason i would want to disable it (or
> throw exception) may be to avoid OutOfMemoryException when streaming of
> binary *is* required.
>
> any other reasons?

My concern is what to do if we want to revert back to xml SOAP infoset
(not to base 64 :) ) while we are writing the xop MTOM message. once
we have started to write the mime envelop reverting back to plain xml
SOAP will be a problem.
One suggestion is to construct the whole SOAP message part first with
"includes & href to Mime parts" when serializing for MTOM . And
then put that SOAP it in to the mime(or construct the mime including that soap).

thanks & regards
~thilina