axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Arun Pattappan" <apattap...@orangescape.com>
Subject RE: Support for transactions while using JMS
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 17:50:28 GMT
Jaime,

            I need explicit rollback/commit.

It's because I need to rollback the message if something goes wrong in the
service.

Also my webservice is in non managed environment.

For instance,

I receive the message and persist the message in a datastore. If an error
occurs while persisting, the message is lost.

Regards,

Arun Pattappan

OrangeScape Technologies

  _____

From: Jaime Meritt [mailto:jmeritt@sonicsoftware.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 12:20 AM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org; sanjiva@opensource.lk
Subject: RE: Support for transactions while using JMS

Oops, left a trailing however :)

1) Do you want inbound receives to be tied in with outbound sends?

        - In any multi-broker situation this requires an XA TM.  However....

In a single broker environment where messages are received and sent through
the same broker node it is possible to get full transactionality with no
duplicates (as long as you aren't using another transactional resource)

-Jaime

  _____