axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolás Lichtmaier <...@synapsis-sa.com.ar>
Subject Re: Axis 1.2 RC2
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 15:47:39 GMT
Thomas Börkel wrote:

>Axis <-> .NET Interop problems should be a blocker.
>
>http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS-1308
>http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS-1467
>
>At least 1308 was no problem in 1.1.

Aren't these problems related to the use of "soapenc" instead of "xsd"?
I've posted a message about an interop problem I had (and I had no
replies). This was the message:

-------

Hi, I'm new with both SOAP and Axis, and (of course) I'm having some
troubles.

I've posted first to the users list, but as there was no reply I'll try
here.

I've published a simple service and I had some troubles when connecting
from VB (SOAP toolkit). I've hand-editted the generated WSDL file and
now it works. How can I make this work without manual tweaking? Am I
doing something wrong is this a known bug?

The edits I've needed to do were to replace "soapenc:string" with
"xsd:string" in both the parameters and the return type definitions.
Without this VB gave the following error when parsing the WSDL file:
"SoapMapper: The schema definition with a targetnamepace of
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/ for SoapMapper string could
not be found"

Thanks for any help.

Bye!