axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Jaime Meritt" <jmer...@sonicsoftware.com>
Subject RE: Support for transactions while using JMS
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 18:50:22 GMT
Oops, left a trailing however :)

1) Do you want inbound receives to be tied in with outbound sends?
        - In any multi-broker situation this requires an XA TM.
However....

In a single broker environment where messages are received and sent
through the same broker node it is possible to get full transactionality
with no duplicates (as long as you aren't using another transactional
resource)

-Jaime

________________________________

From: Jaime Meritt [mailto:jmeritt@sonicsoftware.com]
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 1:47 PM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org; sanjiva@opensource.lk
Subject: RE: Support for transactions while using JMS

What kind of transaction semantics are you looking for in the JMS
connector?
    1) Do you want inbound receives to be tied in with outbound sends?
        - In any multi-broker situation this requires an XA TM.  However
    2) If you don't want receives and you just want send transactions,
do you want message to be grouped in the transaction?
        - If not, why isn't persistent messaging a viable option?
    3) Do you need explicit rollback/acknowledge support?

Thanks,
Jaime