axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Eran Chinthaka" <chinth...@opensource.lk>
Subject RE: [Axis2] Maven issue
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2004 10:02:30 GMT

>>On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 11:52:30 +0600, Ajith Ranabahu
>><ajith.ranabahu@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>
>>[...]
>>
>>> For the Maven build to automatically download the stax jar files I
>>> added the following dependencies to the project.xml file
>>>
>>> <dependency>
>>>             <groupId>stax</groupId>
>>>             <artifactId>stax</artifactId>
>>>             <version>1.1.1-dev</version>
>>>             <properties>
>>>                 <module>true</module>
>>>             </properties>
>>>            <url>http://dist.codehaus.org/stax/jars/</url>
>>>         </dependency>
>>
>>[...]
>>
>>> I believe that Maven creates the URL by appending the url, artifactId
>>> and version together with the .jar extension
>>> So I presume that the created URLs should be
>>> http://dist.codehaus.org/stax/jars/stax-1.1.1-dev.jar and
>>> http://dist.codehaus.org/stax/jars/stax-api-1.0.jar
>>
>>As far as I know maven do not build urls using <url> element.
>>You have to add http://dist.codehaus.org to maven.repo.remote
>>system property.
>>So
>>maven -
>>Dmaven.repo.remote=http://dist.codehaus.org/,http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/
>>yourGoalsHere
>>should work (I'm not sure it urls should ends with '/').

we did this thing earlier also but it didn't work (for some reason :( ). We
basically put the said entry in the project.properties file.

Can we host these jars in our own places and create links for that. I just
want to know the license issues ...

Thoughts ...... ??

Thankx and regards,

Eran Chinthaka