axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [Axis2] IRC chat log 2004-11-24
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2004 02:04:15 GMT
"Aleksander Slominski" <aslom@cs.indiana.edu> writes:
> what are differen node types and how does this help with attributes?

Let me take an example. Let's say we want to support RPC/literal
stuff. A way to do that could be the following:
    - create a node consisting of the "call" - the "object" to
      call on and the parameters: RPCCallNode
    - that node is inserted into the OM as the only "child" of the
      <Body> element; anywhere else is an error. So we could do it
      as another builder for an OM
    - when the OM is serialized, the RPCCallNode serializes itself
      into the full call- wrapper element, children elements with or
      without attributes.

The way this works is that the OM is effectively not just an Infoset
model but rather some kind of a "SOAP Infoset". This is sort of how
(gasp) ApacheSOAP worked ..

The same could be done for MTOM binary components: insert them at
whatever place in the OM tree as the "child". So again we'd need
to say that "child" doesn't map directly to the [children] property
of the Infoset .. when serialized it will result in some stuff
in the [children] and [attributes] Infoset properties being populated.
So we may want to use a different API than OMElement.addChild() to
set these "special" nodes; maybe:
    OMElement.setFunkyKidWhoWillBecomeGoodWhenSerialized (Object obj)

I *think* deser can be done properly like this too.

Sanjiva.