axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject RE: Axis 1.2 RC2? Final?
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 18:06:17 GMT

This sounds like a good plan to me, dims, except:

My main worry at this point is the performance degradation we're seeing in
1.2 (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS-1608).  I don't feel
comfortable releasing 1.2 final until we've resolved this.  Is anyone
focusing on this issue right now?  I can try to look at it this week, but
I'm not on the greatest performance-analysis machine (I'm still travelling).
Just getting a couple of good profiling runs with Axis 1.1 and then 1.2
would be really useful, I bet.

Anyway, I'll plan to release 1.2RC2 this week, probably Friday.  If we
manage to nail the performance problem, perhaps RC2 will be good enough to
be 1.2Final.  Otherwise, we might need RC3 then Final.

Does this seem reasonable?  Everyone else agree that the performance issue
is really major?

--Glen