axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Jia Yiyu" <yy...@nowmediatech.com>
Subject Can Hashtable object be used as parameter of RPC?
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 12:34:17 GMT

Hello everybody,

I am trying to use java.util.Hashtable or java.util.Properties class as
parameters of my RPC methods. But I got "java.lang.ClassCastException" on
the server side and , of course, my client side calling was failure. I see
some application use Vector object as RPC method's parameter. But why do I
get ClassCastException?

I feel strange because both Hashtable and Properties classes have
implemented the java.io.Serializable interface already. And the "key" and
"value" in the Hashtable or Properties are all java.lang.String object.

Hence, can we use objects of java.util.Properties and java.util.Hashtable as
RPC methods' parameters?

Thanks in advance for response!

	Jia Yiyu