axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Q about those ns:> types
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 15:01:07 GMT

1. I have a WSDL file and an XSD file, about 2K lines of verbose XSD.
2. I run it through the wsdl2java to create the classes *and the
deploy.wsdd*
3. in the deploy.wsdd, i see things like

   <service name="cddlm" provider="java:RPC" style="document" use="literal">
       <parameter name="wsdlTargetNamespace"
value="http://gridforum.org/cddlm/serviceAPI/api/2004/10/11/"/>
       <parameter name="wsdlServiceElement" value="CDDLMDeploymentService"/>
       <parameter name="wsdlServicePort" value="cddlm"/>
       <parameter name="className"
value="org.smartfrog.services.cddlm.generated.api.endpoint.CddlmSoapBindingSkeleton"/>
       <parameter name="wsdlPortType" value="DeploymentEndpoint"/>

       <typeMapping
         xmlns:ns="http://gridforum.org/cddlm/serviceAPI/types/2004/10/11/"
         qname="ns:>applicationStatusRequest"

type="java:org.smartfrog.services.cddlm.generated.api.types._applicationStatusRequest"
         encodingStyle=""
       />

Which implies to me that the qname of this type is
qname(ns, ">applicationStatusRequest").

Except it isn't. In the XSD it is

   <xsd:element name="applicationStatusRequest">
     <xsd:annotation>
       <xsd:documentation>
         Request the status of an individual application
       </xsd:documentation>
     </xsd:annotation>
     <xsd:complexType>
       <xsd:sequence>
         <xsd:element name="application"
type="types:applicationReferenceType"/>
       </xsd:sequence>
     </xsd:complexType>
   </xsd:element>

Now, there may be an applicationStatusRequest message in the WSDL, but
that is in a different namespace.

So, what does the ">" really mean, and how do I make it go away?