axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Krishnendu Kunti" <Krishnendu_Ku...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: Serialization Problems
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2004 07:19:42 GMT
Hi Srinath

In fact I am trying to store some fields of the MessageContext like
Message returned by the getCurrentMessage(). But though the Messaage is
declared serializable it cant' be serialized as the Message has a
MessageContext field..

I was just wondering then what is the use of declaring the Message class
to be serializable?

Regards
Krishnendu

-----Original Message-----
From: Srinath Perera [mailto:hemapani@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 12:22 PM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Cc: fx-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Serialization Problems

you do not need to serialize the engine as the engine is stateless.
Serializing the MessageContext and runing in with the correct
EngineConfiguration (the deployment Info)  and message context should
do.
There are problems seralizing MessageContext, since it store anything
in the form of properties.

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 12:09:36 +0530, Krishnendu Kunti
<krishnendu_kunti@infosys.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I tried serializing org.apache.axis.AxisEngine and
> org.apache.axis.Message from a MessageContext and storing the same in
> databse a blob. Though both these classes implements
> java.io.Serializable but internally they use some classes which are
not
> Serializable.... and hence effectively are non serilalizable.
>
> In case of org.apache.axis.AxisEngine , it references
> org.apache.axis.utils.cache.ClassCache class which is non
serializable.