axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Toshiyuki Kimura <to...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [AXIS2][Deployement] Hot Deployement techniques
Date Sat, 09 Oct 2004 15:37:26 GMT
On Fri, 8 Oct 2004, Ias wrote:

> It's not clearly decided yet, but my intention on Axis 2 core is
> that Axis 2 core runtime is a solely SOAP engine with OM, so it
> doesn't contain any Java standard stacks such as JAX-RPC and SAAJ.
> I'm not sure Axis 2 will support only JAX-RPC 1.1, I mean, not as
> a form of JAX-RPC 2.0's backward compatibility even though it seems
> feasible.

   What my understanding for usage of Axis 2 is like as follows;

   +-----------------------------------+   : +----------------------+
   |             User Apps.            |   : |      User Apps.      |
   +----------------+------------------+   : +----------+-----------+
                    |                      :            |
                    V                      :            V
  =========== [JAX-RPC 2.0 API] =========  : == [What type of API?] ==
   +-----------------------------------+   :
   | Expanded portion for JAX-RPC 2.0  |   :
   +------------------------------+    |   :
   +----------------------------+ |    |   :  +----------------------+
   |        Axis 2 core         | |    |   :  |     Axis 2 core      |
   +----------------------------+ +----+   :  +----------------------+
   +-----------------------------------+   :  +----------------------+
   |            J2SE 5.0               |   :  |     J2SE 1.4         |
   +-----------------------------------+   :  +----------------------+

   The J2SE 5.0 based scenario is OK, but I'm wondering how we can use
Axis 2 core - what is the API ?  It seems that you don't assume any
Java standard stacks for the API. Axis specific ? That's interesting.

> JAX-RPC 2.0 spec itself is "kind of" independent of J2EE 5.0
> based on the fact is that J2EE 5.0 demands JAX-RPC 2.0 but
> there's no requirement on JAX-RPC 2.0 server runtime yet in the
> early draft. I guess there's no drastic change about web
> technologies relevant to JAX-RPC 2.0, so Servlet 2.3 (or 2.4
> for up-to-date) may be the enough bottom line. Thanks for
> pointing out this issue. I'd like to ask Marc and Roberto about
> it.

   IMO, this issue is still pending. I've risen a related matter
in JSR-224 EG ml several weeks ago. In fact, I'm feeling some
problems on the current specifications such as the SEI (Service
Endpoint Interface) in J2EE 1.4.  I think we (JSR-224 EG) might
have to add a minor change to the spec for J2EE 5.0.

> Anyway, the whole Axis 2 (core and components) is going to be
> J2EE-server-agnostic because there will be chances for other
> servers apart from Geronimo to adopt Axis 2.

   It's ideal and my hope.

P.S.
   Do you have a plan to attend the 2nd F2F meeting of JSR-224 EG ?
Glen might be there ???

Regards,

Toshi <toshi@apache.org>