axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Ajith Ranabahu <ajith.ranab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2][OM] representing XML Infoset
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2004 12:18:20 GMT
Hi Alek
Here are few quick thoughts about the interface. Sorry I did not get a
chance to look at this earlier

1. Methods to create new objects (ex elements) like DOM. Should we
have this functionality inside our OM as well?
2. Do we need a class for namespace? For instance the om element
interface has a prefix and a namespace name according
to the infoset spec. since we are doing a minimal implementation,
doing this with just a String for now seems to be ok.
3. Facilities to remove children and change them are indeed useful.
4. Providing Iterators (in place of any other data structure like a
List) and defering the parsing is cool :)
5. Should we provide two (or morel) ways to do the same thing? For
example setting the attribute can be done in several ways. Perhaps
this is just the ease of use but reducing such items will reduce the
complexity at least in the initial stage.

--
Ajith Ranabahu