axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Ias" <iasan...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Test failure in UK summer time
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 23:56:31 GMT
Seeing

    public void testTimeUKWinter() throws Exception {
        deserializeCalendar(TimeZone.getTimeZone("GMT+0:00"));
    }

    public void testTimeUKSummer() throws Exception {
        deserializeCalendar(TimeZone.getTimeZone("GMT+1:00"));
    }

    public void testTimeUK() throws Exception {
        deserializeCalendar(TimeZone.getTimeZone("Europe/London"));
    }

, I got curious why we needed all these tests simultaneously, in particular,
testTimeUKSummer and testTimeUKWinter.

How about merging those two seasonal test cases into one? For example,

    public void testTimeUKSeason() throws Exception {
        if today is in summer time period then
          deserializeCalendar(TimeZone.getTimeZone("GMT+1:00"));
        else
          deserializeCalendar(TimeZone.getTimeZone("GMT+0:00"));
    }

Thanks,

Ias