axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedm...@freenet.de>
Subject Re: [Axis2][OM] representing XML Infoset
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2004 13:24:37 GMT
Srinath Perera wrote:

> OM is used to read and write (at the out flow). at the inflow it is read only

What I wrote in my previous mail, applies equally well to writing the
said XML document. Of course, a modifiable OM is handy for the typical
case. That justifies, to have such an OM *on demand*. However, why
should one forfeit the possibility to use a simpler interface?

However, the code actually streaming out the response, needs again only
forward and downward references.

> yap om will store what read so far, but when we think we can arrive at
> provider with out parsing much we are gaining since we read directly
> from stream and not stroring. (here we off the caching of OM). The
> idea of the OM is to hide that caching.

You are repeating design errors from Axis 1, if you force storing the
request, which has read so far. Again, this is good for most cases, but
why require it?

Jochen

--
http://lilypie.com/baby1/050423/1/5/1/+1