axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Srinath Perera" <>
Subject Re: [Axis2][Deployment]What is the best way to parse the DD
Date Sun, 12 Sep 2004 15:30:05 GMT
> JMX. Dont say 'you must have an XML DD'.
> 1. provide a procedural way to configure the entire system, that is
> public API
> 2. offer getters and setters, and do it in the way that JMX likes
> At this point you have a runtime that can be configured by anything.
> 3. then add whatever parsing code you want for your own descriptor,
> which is mapped to operations on the JMX beans (serves as the test).
> The point is, the descriptor does not have to be the only way you may
> want to configure something, and if you make it the sole point of entry,
> it's harder for other management/deployment tools to work with it. Now,
> being on the team of one of those deployment tools (see
>, I am clearly biased, but having to do deployment
> wrappers for lots of things, I know how painful it can be. While I can
> (and soon will) generate wsdd files, its nice to be able to introspect
> on the whole system to see what is going on.
yes I think we decide at summit to povide a management Interface on top of
EngineRegistry (EngineConfiguration on axis 1.x). This Management
interface can be used by JMX or any maanagement framework. So the Axis can
be configured by the Any way. And the XML DD will still be the main
Deployment mechnism.

View raw message