axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Opatha <topa...@yahoo.com>
Subject De-serialization/Serialization w/ and w/o namespace
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2004 00:36:33 GMT

Is it possible to use one WSDL/XSD definition for a web service implementation in AXIS 1.1
or 1.2 such that we can de-serialize and serialize request and response payloads from and
to 2 different types of clients:

1) Generic XML application clients that send and receive request and response payloads that
do not include namespace and does not use WSDL generated client stubs

2) SOAP application clients that does send and receive payloads that include in namespaces.

E.g., can we do this via AXIS Handlers which support custom serialization and de-serialization
handlers that can include/exclude namespace in response payloads and also be able to resolve
the payload schema even if the payload does not have XSD schema?

If the payload schema component names may not have any name duplications even though their
XSD may be defined w/namespaces is it possible to resolve them in AXIS and also make use of
the same generated objects for processing response payloads that may or may not have namespaces.

Any example would be useful.

Thanks.