axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: WS-I testing: warnings about faultcode
Date Sun, 05 Sep 2004 01:00:54 GMT
"Glen Daniels" <glen@thoughtcraft.com> writes:

> Personally, I think WS-I was a little overbearing (as it was in a lot of
> cases, IMHO) when it disallowed the dot notation.

Personally, I agree too.

> My preference is to leave things as they are.  If these changes do get
made,
> please confirm sure that we're correctly setting the codes in SOAP 1.2 -
> note that SOAP 1.2 ONLY allows a specific set of top-level fault codes
> (VersionMismatch, MustUnderstand, DataEncodingUnknown, Sender, Receiver).

IMO strict adherance to standards is critical for open source projects.
That means our personal feelings about how overbearing WS-I was is
not important .. if they say that's what we gotta do, then ...

An alternate is to of course introduce yet another knob to say whether
to turn this on or not. I don't like making everything configurable like
that: it makes the system complicated and slower.

Sanjiva.