axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From vijayk.g...@tcs.com
Subject Not able to run EchoAttachment example
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2004 16:20:20 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to run

D:\axis-1_1\samples\attachments>java samples.attachments.EchoAttachment
leaveempty.txt

and gets the message:

java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.axis.Message.createAttachmentPart(Message.java:620)
        at
javax.xml.soap.SOAPMessage.createAttachmentPart(SOAPMessage.java:243)

        at
samples.attachments.EchoAttachment.echoUsingSAAJ(EchoAttachment.java:
528)
        at
samples.attachments.EchoAttachment.main(EchoAttachment.java:365)

I tried to debug and I do not see any problem as parameters are having
right value in the program

argFile : D:\axis-1_1\samples\attachments\leaveempty.txt
doTheDIME : false
System.out.println(dataHandler.getOutputStream()); =
java.io.FileOutputStream@11e0c13

The failure point is this...

javax.xml.soap.AttachmentPart attachment =
                        soapMessage.createAttachmentPart(dataHandler);

I would appreciate if some body can help me with this.

(Vijay Kumar)