axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Ias" <iasan...@hotmail.com>
Subject An approach to publishing your WSDL
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2004 14:53:01 GMT
There have been issues on publishing WSDLs, especially, in case that you
start your service from a given WSDL and then WSDL2Java. The main problem is
when you attempt to access the WSDL through the URL of the service with
"?WSDL" suffix, the dynamic auto-generation of the WSDL based on its Java
code may fail. Here I'd like to recommend "one" way to avoid the trouble.

If you have a WSDL file, you can just simply use <wsdlFile> explained at
http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/reference.html within your WSDD <service>
description. Probably you need to override binding and service part of the
WSDL file to keep up with the actual deployment environment. This way can
also help you to interoperate between Axis and .NET because your original
WSDL is uniformly exported from Axis without worrying about
roundtrippability of WSDL->Java->WSDL.

One more thing: it's just my personal opinion, but if you really want to be
free from many holes of standalone JAX-RPC 1.1, think about using J2EE 1.4
web services empowered by EWS (JSR-109), in particular, regarding assembling
and deploying your services. You don't need to use EJBs for that, just
common Java classes are OK. (They are considered as another kind of servlets
:-)

Regards,

Ias