axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Satish Artham" <sart...@infusiondev.com>
Subject RE: server redirected too many times(20) while using AXIS 1.1
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2004 15:18:02 GMT
If you're implying that 1.2 beta is more stable than 1.1 then I will use
the beta version.

Tx

Satish Artham
Infusion Development Corporation
P: 416-595-4072

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Loughran [mailto:stevel@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 10:59 AM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: server redirected too many times(20) while using AXIS 1.1

Satish Artham wrote:

> I've seen another post (by Srinivas Davanum) where the solution is to
> use the commonshttpsender included with AXIS 1.2 beta.  I cannot use a

> beta version of code in my production environment.  Are there any
> alternatives?  Can you please describe the underlying problem.

this is a silly question, but why cant you use beta code?

in the open source land the amount of support for old shipped code is
pretty minimal -if you want to backport patches you are free to do so,
but most dev effort goes to the head version. This makes most effective
use of limited resources and simplifies the process significantly.

So if you want working systems, work with the leading edge stuff, not
products that are effectively a year old.

now, why was it you cant use beta stuff? since its only a naming
decision that differentiates a beta release of axis from a production
one.

-steve