axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Matthieu <matthieu.cargne...@lri.fr>
Subject Re: Time log
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 14:12:01 GMT
Steve Loughran wrote:
> Axis uses commons-logging as an API to logging; log4j is the default if
> it is on the classpath
>
> So, if you configger your log4j configuration file so that the time
> logging object is enabled,
> the output should go to wherever you configure the log to go.
>
> Have a look at any sample log4j.properties for configuration infor, and
> the docs at http://logging.apache.org/
>
> -steve

Thank you for your help, and sorry I waited this long to answer, I had a
  problem with my mail server.

I looked into log4j documentation but could not be able to find where to
define or enable such an object... This object seems to be, from axis
server source code :
private static Log tlog =
      LogFactory.getLog("org.apache.axis.TIME");

Could you please be a little more explicit about how to enable this
feature ?

Thanks a lot

Matthieu Cargnelli