axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hot WS Deployment In Axis
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 08:41:34 GMT
Samuel Meder wrote:
> [...]
for update vs load a different version.

>>2. what if a module is already loaded in a parent classloader? What if
>>we are hosted under JBoss with its own funny logic?
>

> Fault.

I think of that whenever I have to try and bash axis-on-jboss into
shape. Indeed, we could change happyaxis.jsp to warn about the special
joys there.

>>3. what if  two services want to dynamically load in a jar file -and
>>want to share a classloader , so that they can share instances of the
>>classes.
>

> Yea, this may be tricky. In our environment we end up doing this quite a bit between
a factory service and a service acting on the objects created by the factory. Granted we could
potentially work around this by pushing things into the parent loader, but that doesn't seem
all that clean.

aah, you are doing Gt4.x, arent you? with the factory stuff. Even
without that, it is a common case that multiple endpoints are related,
share content and generally like to be friends. The current model "we
are all equal in the webapp classloader" works, but does not seem
flexible enough for everyone's needs.

-Steve