axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <>
Subject Re: How can I explain this ?
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 12:40:15 GMT
Matthieu Cargnelli wrote:
> Hi,
> My problem was still there with axis 1.2 beta binary, so I looked
> further in the class throwing the exception (I should have done it long
> ago, I agree) : my problem might come from the temporary file used,
> because as I replaced, in :
>  diskCacheFile ="Axis", ".att",(attdir ==
> null) ? null : new File(attdir));
> by
>  diskCacheFile ="Axis", ".att");
> that is to say, using the default temporary directory, it seems to work.
> I just tried this, and I certainly can't say what it will change in the
> program behavior, I'm just pointing out where the problem seems to come
> from. Actually if somebody could indicate me what side effect can arise
> from that modification, I would be gratefull.

well, we should really look at (a) user specified directories and (b)
the servlet dir, before going for the shared dir. A servlet dir is meant
to be unique per webapp. Under heavy load, a system temp dir is not
always the right place to create things. Example: Unix file systems with
a 65K limit on the number of inodes(=files, dirs, whatever) in a directory.

View raw message