axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How can I explain this ?
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:18:44 GMT
Nishant Kumar wrote:
> hi,
> 	i don't know if i am pointing in the right direction but somethings
> related to this is not so clear.
>
> kindly have a look at the
> public AxisServer getServer(Map environment) throws AxisFault
> method of DefaultAxisServerFactory class.
>
> firstly AxisEngine.PROP_ATTACHMENT_DIR has been set twice using
> different values.

This is legitimate; look at the javadocs for AxisServer.setOptionDefault

> secondly
>
>                 if (!attdirFile.isDirectory()) {
>                     attdirFile.mkdirs();
>                 }
>
> should have been
>
>                 if (!attdirFile.exists()) {
>                     attdirFile.mkdirs();
>                 }

yes, that looks reasonable. I think the isDirectory() test would fail
anyway if the directories didnt exist.

One question: what should we be doing if the file exists and it is not a
directory? I would be minded to back out and select a new directory.