axis-java-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From axis-...@ws.apache.org
Subject [jira] Assigned: (AXIS-1465) Client-side handlers override settings (encoding, send_type_attr, ...) on the call object
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:15:41 GMT
Message:

   The following issue has been re-assigned.

   Assignee: Davanum Srinivas (mailto:davanum@gmail.com)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
View the issue:
  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS-1465

Here is an overview of the issue:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
        Key: AXIS-1465
    Summary: Client-side handlers override settings (encoding, send_type_attr, ...) on the
call object
       Type: Bug

     Status: Open
   Priority: Critical

    Project: Axis
 Components: 
             Basic Architecture
             Serialization/Deserialization
   Versions:
             current (nightly)
             beta-2

   Assignee: Davanum Srinivas
   Reporter: Yves Langisch

    Created: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 2:23 AM
    Updated: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 2:14 AM
Environment: SuSE 9.1, JDK 1.4.2-b28

Description:
Description from my mail to the mailing-list:

****************
On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 14:00:20 +0200, Yves Langisch <lists@langisch.ch> wrote:
> Follow-up: I have the same behaviour when I set the handlers on the call
> (setClientHandlers). It's already enough to invoke the method with an
> empty chain to get the described behaviour.
> 
> Tested with 1.2beta1 and 1.2beta2.
> 
> What's wrong here?
> 
> Yves
> 
> 
> 
> On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 11:31, Yves Langisch wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > I have a document/literal web service which I invoke through the
> > wsdl2java generated stub. So far everything is okay. Now, if I create a
> > client-config.wsdd to define some handlers, it seems that the
> > client-config.wsdd overrides the encoding settings made by the stub
> > although there is no encodingStyle -> call seems to be soap-encoded
> > instead of literal afterwards. Following the client-config.wsdd:
> >
> > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> > <deployment name="defaultClientConfig"
> >     xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/"
> >     xmlns:java="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/providers/java">
> >     <transport name="http"
> > pivot="java:org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender"/>
> >     <transport name="local"
> > pivot="java:org.apache.axis.transport.local.LocalSender"/>
> >     <transport name="java"
> > pivot="java:org.apache.axis.transport.java.JavaSender"/>
> >     <service name="SalaryDeclaration">
> >         <requestFlow>
> >             <handler type="java:a.b.c.SOAPMonitorHandlerClient"/>
> >         </requestFlow>
> >         <responseFlow>
> >             <handler type="java:a.b.c.SOAPMonitorHandlerClient"/>
> >         </responseFlow>
> >     </service>
> > </deployment>
> >
> > Is this a normal behaviour?
> >
> > Yves
> 
> 
********************

In the meantime I also saw that other properties like SEND_TYPE_ATTR are not preserved since
for each element there is xsi:type.

I could locate where the switching of the encoding happens. It's in the MessageContext class
in the setService method (-> setEncodingStyle(service...). Since I call setClientHandlers
there is a new SOAPService generated which has no (or default encoded) encoding settings.
Properties don't seem to preserved too.

I'll attach a test project (with ant script) which shows the issue. I hope with these resources
the issue is solved soon since I didn't find any workaround to get client-side handlers working
and we really need them.

start the server with 'ant server' ...
change the port in the TestClient in order to use TCPMon
start client with 'ant client'



---------------------------------------------------------------------
JIRA INFORMATION:
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.

If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators:
   http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Administrators.jspa

If you want more information on JIRA, or have a bug to report see:
   http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira


Mime
View raw message