axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Toshiyuki Kimura <to...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hot WS Deployment In Axis
Date Sun, 01 Aug 2004 06:31:27 GMT
Srinath,

   I think you might have three points of view as follows on
the class loading matter;

   a) Axis (basic engine of) implementation
   b) Axis-ews implementation
   c) Axis-geronimo implementation

  Then, it becomes larger and larger in the order as a) to c)
that the governance area of class loadings. The a) is for the
POJO-based implementations of Web Services, and the b) is for
the EJB-based implementations. Then the c) has to work as a
J2EE container as like as J2EE 1.4(or the later) implementation
what supports both (POJOs, EJBs and jws) types of Web Services.

   By the way, I said before;
<snip>
  If an implement is a class for Web Service absolutely, the
  role of loading might be for JAX-RPC runtime like as Axis.
  But, in some of cases, these classes of endpoint might be
  used from other Java programs (i.e. NON-Web Service clients).
  Thus, these class should be loaded into the default loader of
  container except the '*.jws', at least.
</snip>

   If you're talking on the role of a) only, I'd like to point
out a new direction for the class loading. In the above snip,
you might be able to find out a solution;

   - The impl must be a Web Service, if the extension is 'jws'
   - The class should not be called from NON-Web Service clients
   - Axis can be a (main part of) loader for the class
   - Now, Axis has been doing this for 'jws'

   I believe the POJO-based JAX-RPC implementation is easy to
convert into a 'jws' component.  But, it's not that I want to
say all of POJO-based components should be 'jws' or we should
automatically convert a POJO into 'jws', at this time.

   I just wanted to point out one of easy approach. That is,
Axis users might be able to have a hot deployment feature
easier, if they use 'jws'. Even if it's not a perfect solution.

Thanks,

Toshi <toshi@apache.org>