axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Toshiyuki Kimura <to...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hot WS Deployment In Axis
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 03:52:33 GMT
Hi Srinath and Dims,

   I've been hoping to implement this feature also. I think
it's depending upon not Axis but application servers. This
means, the loading of the implementations as web services
is a role of the AP server that Axis is deployed. If the AP
server is supporting a hot deploy feature, I think that we
can implement it easy with the following architecture.

.........*.........*.........*.........*.........*.........*
  <- Client side ->      <----- Server side ----->

  +-------------+        +-------------+
  |     GUI     |        | AP server   |
  +-------------+        +-------------+
         | (invoke)             ^
         V                      | (deploy)
  +-------------+        +--------------+
  | AdminClient |------->| AdminService |--> [server-config]
  +-------------+        +--------------+

  Step 1: A user set an endpoint implementation to the GUI
  Step 2: The client side of Axis generates a wsdd for the
          implementation semi-automatically (... Hopefully)
  Step 3: The client side of Axis deploys the web service with
          the existing mechanism
  Step 4: The server side of Axis registers the web service
          to the server-config.wsdd
  Step 5: The client side of Axis sends the class of web service
          via SwA (SOAP with Attachments)
  Step 6: The server side of Axis receives the class and put it
          on the specified directory for the hot deployment

  NOTE: Both of the step 3, 5 and the step 4, 6 might be merged
        into one step.

   In addition, the Geronimo will make it convenient to implement
the above feature, it might be a hard work with the others such
as the standing AP servers of the third parties though.

Hope it helps you and I'd like to go along with you.

Regards,

Toshi