axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Toshiyuki Kimura <to...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ANNOUNCE : Axis 1.2 beta 2
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 03:55:41 GMT
Hi Glen,

   Thanks a lot for your efforts for releasing 1.2 beta 2 !

   When I was making an announcement page for the release,
I found a problem on the package.  It's a versioning matter
of the release.

   It seems that you set not '1.2beta2' but '1.2beta' as the
axisVersion when you built the released package.  IMHO, it
might have a confusion on checking the active version of Axis
with 'java org.apache.axis.Version'.

Should we release an updated version very soon ?

Regards,

Toshi <toshi@apache.org>

-----Original Message-----
From: Glen Daniels [mailto:glen@thoughtcraft.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 9:52 PM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org; axis-user@ws.apache.org;
soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: ANNOUNCE : Axis 1.2 beta 2

Hi y'all:

The Axis team would like to announce that Axis 1.2 beta 2 has been
released.

This version has passed both the JAX-RPC 1.1 and the SAAJ 1.2 TCKs, and is
just about ready to ship.  There are a few other bugs we're considering
fixing, and we do expect some further doc updates in the next week or two.

If you use Axis, please download the new version at:

http://archive.apache.org/dist/ws/axis/1_2beta2/

Try it out, kick the tires, and please let us know if you have comments or
questions.  Bugs should be reported using JIRA:

http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10460

Thanks,
--Glen on behalf of the Axis team